Welcome to the MLBAM Bases Coded Technology Challenge, presented by New Relic!
The MLBAM Tech Challenge, "Bases Coded" is back for a 2016 World Series edition. Teams will have the opportunity to hack at the convergence of sports and technology while utilizing proprietary APIs and private data provided by MLB.com.
During the competition, participating teams will have the opportunity to interface with MLBAM and New Relic technologists, developers and engineers. The selected Finalist Teams will showcase their projects to a panel of industry experts and a live audience. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the winning team at the 2016 World Series, after the judging concludes.
Registration has closed for this event.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22nd
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7th
- All applications and submissions must be received by this date
WEEK OF OCTOBER 10th
- All Submissions reviewed by Judges
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14th
- Finalist Teams determined and confirm all materials
MONDAY, OCTOBER 17th
WEEK OF OCTOBER 17th
- Plan / confirm travel for Finalist Teams
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26th
- All Finalist Teams arrive in NL city and check into their hotel by or before noon time
- Finalist Teams receive the parameters of the Final Judging Event
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27th
- Start for the 24-hour challenge in National League city at 12 noon
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28th
- Finalist Teams complete challenge at 12 noon
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29th / 2016 WORLD SERIES, GAME 4 (NL CITY)
- Presentation of finalist prototypes during Final Judging Event
- On-field recognition at Game Four of the World Series for the Grand Prize winning Team
See Official Rules for complete details.