Thursday, October 15 from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Ronald McDonald House dinner
- The Ronald McDonald House serves as a home away from home for families of children receiving medical services at nearby children's hospitals.
- Prepare and serve a dinner for the families of the Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center in Hines.
- Location: Tripp Ave at Airmail Road
(1 Airmail Road on your GPS)
(Located on the Hines VA complex)
Hines, IL 60141
- Goal of 10 Volunteer Corps participants.
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include RMH in the subject line by Monday, October 5th.
Friday, October 16 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm: Chicago Cares Service Project
- Chicago Cares creates volunteer experiences that connect people and communities to meet critical needs and build a stronger Chicago. Chicago Cares has partnered with the Volunteer Corps since 2009 to create impactful school-based service events. This particular event was created expressly for our Volunteer Corps so we are hoping to confirm all 50 spots with Corps members.
- Serve by painting canvas and wall murals, building planter benches, light landscaping, organizing and more facility work.
- Location: Kanoon Magnet Elementary, 2233 S. Kedzie, Chicago, IL.
- Goal of 50 Volunteer Corps participants.
- Click here by Friday, October 9th to register.
Sunday, October 18 from 7:30 am - 1:00 pm: Moving Day with the National Parkinson's Foundation
- Moving Day is the National Parkinson Foundation's (NPF) signature fundraising event which celebrates the importance of movement in a united fight to beat Parkinson's disease. The event features a family walk, kids area, resources pavilion and a Movement Pavilion which will include Parkinson's-friendly exercises, all of which have been proven to help manage the symptoms of the disease.
- Volunteers are needed to help with set-up, registration, refreshments, kids area, course, team village, clean-up, etc. Parking passes, a light breakfast and a t-shirt will be provided.
- Location: Lincoln Park, South Fields (Stockton and LaSalle Drive), Chicago, IL.
- Goal of 25 Volunteer Corps participants.
- Click here by Monday, October 12th to register.