Brett Dolan enters his third season as a color analyst and play-by-play announcer on the Astros Radio Network.
• Served as the director of broadcasting and "The voice of the Sidewinders" for Triple A Tucson of the Pacific Coast league from 2000-2005.
• Was the public address announcer for the first two Texas Bowl games in Houston in 2006-07...in the off-season, he also broadcasts area college football and basketball games on FSN Southwest and ISP Sports.
• In 2003 and 2004, Dolan was chosen to fill in as a broadcaster on selected Montreal Expos games.
• Represented the Pacific Coast League in calling the Triple A All-Star Game in 2004, and was presented with The Communicator Crystal Award of Excellence for his work at the game.
• Named Arizona Sportscaster of the Year from the National Sportscasters and Sportscasters Association in 2002 and 2003.
• Covered University of Arizona football and basketball in the offseason, working more than 200 total sports games in a calendar year...served as the voice of the Arizona Fall League on MLB Radio for the 2004 and 2005 seasons...worked the Olympic baseball qualifying tournament in Phoenix in November of 2005.
• Spent 12 years overall broadcasting minor league baseball, including two seasons with the Iowa Cubs from 1998-99 and four seasons with the Beloit Snappers (Midwest League).
• A native of Casey, Iowa, he graduated from the University of Iowa in 1992 and accepted his first broadcasting position with Beloit in 1994.
• Dolan and his wife, Betsy, make their home in Sugar Land with their son, Will and daughter, Kate.