World Baseball Classic FAQ
What is the World Baseball Classic?
The World Baseball Classic is a tournament operated by Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association, featuring the top players in the world playing for their respective countries throughout a three week period in Spring Training. The First Round will be played during the first week of March. The Second Round will be played the following week, with the top four teams advancing to the semifinals and final. Beginning with the first round, four pools will each consist of four teams (16 total countries represented), which will play in a round robin tournament, with the top two teams from each group advancing to the next round. The Second Round will feature the eight remaining teams, split between two locations (Marlins Park being one of them). The four teams at each location will play in a double elimination tournament to produce a winner and runner-up to advance to the Semifinals. The final four teams will then participate in a single elimination playoff at AT&T Park in San Francisco to determine the 2013 World Baseball Classic Champion.
Which Countries Will Play at Marlins Park?
Round Two at Marlins Park will feature four teams, the Winner and Runner-Up from each of the following Groups from Round One:
What are the Game Dates/Times at Marlins Park?
Marlins Park will host a four team modified double elimination tournament that will be played over the span of five days, from March 12-16, 2013.
30% of your payment is due by Friday, November 16, 2012 with the remaining 70% balance due by Friday, January 18, 2013. You may pay by check or credit card. If paying by credit card, your final 70% balance will automatically be billed to the same credit card on Friday, January 18, 2013. Please make checks payable to the Miami Marlins. There are no refunds, exchanges or credits for the World Baseball Classic games.
Can I Purchase On-Site Parking?
On-site Parking is included with the purchase of tickets located in the Diamond Club, Dugout Clubs, Championship Suites, Hall of Fame Suites, Lexus Legends Platinum and Gold, Clubhouse Box and Home Plate Box seating areas. Other seating areas will have the opportunity to purchase a six game parking pass strip. The cost of the strip will be $90.00. If you are interested in purchasing the parking passes you must add it to the enclosed invoice.
When Will I Receive my World Baseball Classic Tickets?
Tickets are expected to be delivered by the end of February.