2013 BREWERS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION, INC.
Brewers Community Foundation, Inc. is proud to offer three scholarship programs to Wisconsin Students. Applications are currently being accepted for all three.
ALLAN H. SELIG SCHOLARS PROGRAM & PLAYER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Allan H. Selig Scholarship Program was created in the name of former Brewers' President and current Commissioner of Baseball Allan H. (Bud) Selig. Funding for the scholarships is the result of proceeds donated by Major League Baseball, from the All-Star Workout Day, part of the 2002 All-Star festivities held at Miller Park. Commissioner Selig has deep ties to Milwaukee and Wisconsin and he has also had a long-term commitment to educational excellence.
Applicants must be graduating seniors from a Wisconsin High School Class of 2013 and accepted to a college or university based in the State of Wisconsin. Selected candidates will receive $2,500, annually, renewable each year for a total of $10,000 over four years.
PLAYER/COACHES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Players/Coaches Scholarship Program is made possible thanks to Milwaukee Brewers players and coaches commitment to educational opportunities for youth. This scholarship is a one year award that various in amounts from season to season for students who plan to attend or are currently attending a college and university in Wisconsin. Generally scholarship awards have been between $1,000.00 and $2,500.00.
MILLER PARK COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Miller Park Community Scholarship Program will provide its first award in 2013. Eligible applicants must be a minority or female student residing in either Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington or Racine County. Applicants must also be a student pursuing studies in a design or construction related field at a technical college, college or university in the State of Wisconsin. Scholarship awards will be of varying amounts based on need.
As a recipient of one of our scholarships, you will need to:
- Complete at least 12 credits each semester.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher.
- Agree to be present at a pre-game introduction ceremony for scholarship awardees at Miller Park on at a date and time to be determined.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for one of the above scholarships, please submit the following items no later than April 1, 2013.
- Completed Brewers Community Foundation, Inc. scholarship application and essay (click on the link at the bottom of this page for the application).
- Official high school or college transcript (Depending on which program you are applying for).
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, principal, community leader or employer -- people who know you.
- Acceptance letter from the college or university which you will be attending or confirm enrollment if you are a continuing student.
- Application for Federal Student Financial Aid, demonstrate eligibility for the Pell Grant or other documentation outlining financial hardship.
Please continue by completing the scholarship application, essay and consent/release form »