About the Contest
Baby Ruth "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" Video Contest
Sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and you could possibly win a chance to sing it LIVE in front of 50,000 fans at the All-Star Game in Yankee Stadium.
GRAND PRIZE (1)
Sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and you could win the opportunity to lead the singing of it during the 7th inning stretch of the 2008 MLB All-Star Game
at Yankee Stadium.
Finalists receive a trip to the 2008 MLB All-Star Week ™ for themselves and one guest. Trip includes transportation to the MLB® All Star Weekend in New York, 2 tickets to the 2008 MLB All Star Game
, and ground transportation to/from hotel/airport and 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations.
FIRST PRIZE (7)
First Prize winners will each receive one 2008 MLB All-Star Week ™ Gift Bag and one year supply of BABY RUTH ® product.
See Official Rules
for details. See FAQs
section for frequently asked questions about the contest.
Judges will select ten (10) semi finalists from all eligible entries received.
Entries will be judged on Originality 80%, Creative use and/or incorporation of the Baby Ruth brand 15% and Quality of Production 5%.
Right-click and save images for use in your video:
Video Submission must show Participant performing the song "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" keeping the integrity of the lyrics. Submission must feature/include BABY RUTH branding, logos or packaging within the video.
Submission must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified:
How to Enter
Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, 18 years or older.
Upload your video on www.mlb.com/babyruth
between 12:01 a.m. ET 03/31/08 and 11:59 p.m. ET 5/26/08. Video must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible:
- Submission must be in one of the following formats: . avi, mov, mpg, wma, .mp3, .mpeg, .dv, .gcelp, .wav, .wmv, .qt, .mp4,.amr-nb, .mod, .3g2, .asf, .3gp, .flv, .movieclip. Submission may not exceed (a) a file size larger then 100MB , and/or (b) two (2) minutes in length.
- Submission must be in the English language.
- Submission must be original, unpublished, the sole property of submitter, and not previously submitted in any other contest.
- Submission must maintain the integrity of the song lyrics:
Take me out to the ballgame,
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I dont care if I ever get back,
'cause its root, root, root for the home team,
If they dont win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes youre out,
At the old ball game.
CONSENT, ASSIGNMENT AND RELEASE
- Submission must include the Participant as the lead performer singing the song "Take Me Out to The Ballgame."
- The Baby Ruth brand must be incorporated into Submission visually either with an image of the bar, packaging and/or brand logo.
- Participants will not include any of the following content (the "Content Restrictions") in any Submission: (i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (ii) lotteries or gambling; (iii) explicit language or content, images of violence, discrimination, or promotion of illegal activities; (v) content in violation of third party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark right of publicity or any other proprietary rights; (vi) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortuous or slanderous materials; (vii) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on (a) the Sponsor, the MLB Entities (as defined in the Eligibility section below), or any of their respective owners and employees, or the game of baseball, or (b) any person, company, product or service; (viii) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (ix) dangerous stunts; (x) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (xi) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (xii) individuals under the legal age of majority without enclosing signed release from parent or guardian; (xiii) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (xiv) material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created. Any Submission that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or MLBAM, as applicable will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
- Submission must not include imitations of famous people or characters from movie/shows, etc.
- Participants must obtain written permission and all other necessary authorizations from any identifiable person that appears in, is heard in, or otherwise contributed to the Submission (each, a "Third Party Participant") allowing use of his/her name, likeness/voice or contribution in the Submission, and each Third Party Participant must pass along all rights for usage to Sponsor, MLBAM and/or MLBP Third Party Participants must be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction where they reside, unless a Third Party Participant Release has been executed by the parent or guardian of such Third Party Participant. Semi-Finalists and Finalists, as defined below, may be required to provide evidence of all written permission(s) and authorization(s) obtained from Third Party Participants, immediately upon request by Sponsor and/or MLBP or prizes may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, awarded to the runner-up (if applicable).
- MLBAM and/or its designees reserve the right not to post any Submission.
- As a condition of participation in the contest, Participant and all Third Party Participants agree that in the event their likeness, including performance, voice and image in any form, as incorporated in the Submission, in whole or in part, are used in any advertising such that the use is subject to the SAG Commercials Contract, each agrees to sign such standard contract and accept the minimum amount of compensation due pursuant to the SAG Commercial Contract.
In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this Contest, and the possibility of the use of Participants Submissions and/or the Participants appearing in an audio and/or visual production, the receipt of which opportunities shall be sufficient consideration for this Consent, Assignment and Release, each Participant does hereby:
- agree that his/her Submission is an original work of authorship and he/she owns all right, title and interest in the Submission as of the date of submission;
- consent to the collection by MLBAM (or its designee) of his/her personal information, including without limitation name, street and email addresses (collectively, the "Personal Information") in connection with the Submission;
- assign to the MLB Entities or its designees, any and all of his/her right, title and interest in or to the Submission throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for MLBAM and/or MLBP, as applicable, to display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use and exploit the Submission, on television, the Internet, print or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without payment of any compensation to the Participant or his/her heirs and successors, (i) on its own or as part of any audiovisual or other production, (ii) to advertise any products, programming or services of MLB Entities or for any other advertising, marketing, publicizing and promotional purposes and in any materials related thereto; and/or (iii) for any other purpose whatsoever;
- agree that the foregoing assignment of rights includes without limitation the right (i) to use his/her name (and any other Personal Information that may be incorporated into the Submission), likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance as embodied in the Submission in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional and trade purposes in conjunction with this and similar promotions in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without notice and without further consideration or compensation, except where prohibited by law; (ii) to edit, alter, distort, add to, rearrange and otherwise modify the Submission, and use the Submission in whole or in part or in combination with other materials; and (iii) to assign and/or licensee others to use the Submission for all of the purposes hereunder;
- acknowledge and agree, with respect to the Personal Information, that MLB Entities shall have the right (subject to applicable law) to (i) incorporate certain of the Personal Information into the Submission and use such Personal Information as incorporated therein; (ii) analyze and use the Personal Information for any and all purposes, including without limitation sending you advertising and promotional materials and for any other advertising, marketing and promotional purposes; and (iii) to share the Personal Information with third parties for their advertising, marketing and promotional purposes or for any other purposes;
- acknowledge that Participants shall have no right of approval of any use of the Submission and the Personal Information as permitted hereunder;
- agree that the Submission shall only be used as an entry to the Contest and for no other purpose including, without limitation, posting on any other website (e.g., YouTube, mySpace, etc.) ; and
- release in perpetuity the Released Parties from any claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the Submission, the Personal Information and the use thereof as permitted hereunder, including, but not limited to, claims of false endorsement or infringement of rights of publicity or privacy.
Nothing herein will obligate the MLB Entities to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein. In the event that any individual(s) appears with any Participant(s) in the Submission but does not submit a separate Third Party Participant Release, such Participant hereby represents and warrants (i) that such individuals(s) has authorized such Participant to agree to this Consent, Assignment and Release on his/her behalf (or, with respect to any individual under the legal age of majority, that such Participant is the parent and/or guardian of such individual(s) with legal authority to act on behalf of such individual(s)), and (ii) that such Participant agrees to this Consent, Assignment and Release on behalf of such individual(s).
Judging: A panel of staff members of Sponsor and MLBP (the "Judges") will judge all Submissions received during the Contest Period, and select ten (10) semi -finalists (each a "Semi-Finalist" and collectively, the "Semi-Finalists"), based on the following criteria: Originality 80%, Creative use and/or incorporation of the Baby Ruth brand 15% and Quality of Production 5%. In the event of a tie, the score for Creative use and/or incorporation of the Baby Ruth brand will be used as the tiebreaker. All Semi-Finalists will be notified via email and /or phone on or about May 29, 2008
Each Semi-Finalist may be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to Sponsor and will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, where legal, Publicity within five (5) days of date of issuance. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return the required documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or Prize Notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, awarded to the runner-up (if applicable).
Each of the ten (10) Semi-Finalist's Submissions will be featured on MLB.com/babyruth between 12:01am ET on June 9 and 11:59pm ET on June 30, 2008 (the "Voting Period") during which time visitors to MLB.com will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Submission(s) Limit twenty-five (25) votes per email address during the Voting Period. The three (3) entries that receive the most votes during the Voting Period will be deemed to be the three finalists (each a "Finalist" and collectively, the "Finalists"), and the remaining seven (7) Semi- Finalists will be deemed to be "First Prize" winners, subject to verification and compliance with the Video Submission Requirements, the Contest Restrictions, eligibility requirements. and all other terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. First Prize Winners will be notified on or about July 2, 2008. In the event of a tie during the Voting Period, Judges will determine the three (3) Finalists based on the original judging criteria stated above.
As noted above, each Finalist will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability, and where legal, Publicity by July 8, 2008 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, awarded to the runner-up (if applicable).
The three (3) Finalists will appear on July 15th, 2008 before a panel of judges selected by MLBP and Sponsor (the "Final Judges") at the 2008 MLB All Star Weekend Event hosted in the Baby Ruth branded area within the 2008 All-Star FanFest at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY. Participants will be asked to answer an interview question and sing their version of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" as performed in their Submission and will be judged based on the following criteria: (a) response to interview question asking why they think they should be selected to lead the singing of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the All Star Game (20%), (b) re-play of original Submission (70%), and (c) live performance of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" in front of the Final Judges (10%). One (1) grand prize winner will be selected based upon the foregoing judging criteria (the "Grand Prize Winner") and given the opportunity to lead the singing of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the 7th Inning Stretch of the 2008 MLB All Star Game on July 15, 2008.
See Official Rules