MLB.TV Mosaic FAQ
1. What is the MLB.TV Mosaic?
The MLB.TV Mosaic is our downloadable media player, designed to allow baseball fans to have a more interactive viewing experience. We do this by providing the capabilities that let you customize the games you're watching and the view, adding in player tracker rosters of the players you're interested in, and providing TV quality single game streaming at 800kbps - 1.2mbps, with integrated live stats alongside the video.
2. How does the MLB.TV Mosaic work?
The MLB.TV works similarly to your normal Windows Media Player, with the added benefit of NexDef), our integration with MLB.com live stats data, and our integration with your fantasy player tracker data for real time proactive alerting related to all of your favorite players.
3. What are the features of the MLB.TV Mosaic?
4. Can I connect the MLB.TV Mosaic to my TV?
Yes, you can. If you have hooked your PC or Mac up to a second monitor or a television, the MLB.TV Mosaic will work on the other monitor. In fact, if you're a Mac user on a newer machine and have an apple remote, the MLB.TV Mosaic will work with your Apple Remote as well.
1. Where can I download the MLB.TV Mosaic?
You can download the MLB.TV Mosaic from the product page
2. What are the requirements to run the MLB.TV Mosaic?
The latest MLB.TV Mosaic requirements are available on the System Requirements Page
3. Where can I download Direct X 9.0c?Direct X is no longer required.
4. Where can I download .NET Framework 3.0?
The Mosaic installer will attempt to install the .NET Framework 3.0 package for you, but in the event that it fails, you can download the .NET Framework 3.0 installer
5. Where can I download Windows Media Player?
You can download Windows Media Player here
6. Where can I download Flip4Mac?
7. Mosaic is unable to connect to the internet to update, what do I do?
Make sure your firewall will allow it to access the internet - see the next question.
8. What if I have a firewall (hardware or software)?
MLB.TV Mosaic requires access to your internet connection. In order for the application to function completely you will need to grant it the necessary privileges for that access on your local firewall, if you have one installed. Generally speaking, this is accomplished by affirmatively acknowledging the pop-up that will appear when the MLB.TV Mosaic applications attempt to access the internet. These applications include mlbplayer.exe and MLBAppStart.exe.
1. Do I need an MLB.com account?
Yes. In addition, your MLB.com account will require an active MLB.TV subscription. You can register and purchase a subscription
2. Do I need to be an MLB.TV subscriber?
Yes. In order to use the MLB.TV Mosaic you need to be a MLB.TV Premium subscriber. You can purchase MLB.TV Premium: here
If you are already an MLB.TV subscriber and would like to upgrade to an MLB.TV Premium account to utilize Mosaic, click on any 800k or 1.2M MLB.TV feed in the Multimedia Guide and you will be prompted to upgrade.
3. I can't seem to watch my favorite team's games. Why are they blacked out?
The MLB.TV Mosaic is subject to the same local blackout restrictions as our web based MLB.TV player. Details on our local blackout restrictions can be found on our subscription FAQ page.
4. What can I do to make the video look better?
First try different quality settings for the video. We offer the mosaic streams in three formats for the multi game views, so give the higher quality settings a try by clicking on the selector next to video quality in the top right. If you have an older video card, upgrading will help your system more smoothly display the video as well.
5. If I have MLB.TV or the Mosaic running on two computers right beside each other, why are they out of sync?
The exact timing of the video can be affected by the speed of your computer, the bandwidth available, media player buffer size and possibly other issues. At most, we expect the offset could be as much as 30 seconds. The same can be said for any streaming media.
1. MLB.TV Mosaic is acting strange...
If you're having trouble with the MLB.TV Mosaic please contact us We look forward to the opportunity to resolve any issues you are experiencing. You should also check out our Mosaic blog - we'll be announcing any issues and resolutions throughout the season there.
2. What should I do if I see a message that says "Service Temporary Unavailable"?
This means that we've taken Mosaic down for maintenance work. We apologize for the temporary outage. We are constantly working to improve your experience with the application. Please close the application and restart it - it will try again to connect to our infrastructure. Check the blog for updates.
3. Where is feature X?