Teams looking for last-minute rotation depth before the start of the regular season might have to look at veteran Doug Davis.Davis, who was limited to eight starts with the Brewers last season because of a heart problem and then an elbow injury that required surgery, will hold an audition in Tempe, Ariz., on Thursday morning. Davis, who had surgery to repair a small tear in his flexor tendon, has been throwing off a mound for more than a month, according to his agent, Steve Canter. "Doug is ready to go," Canter said. "It's not often that somebody like this pops up in the market the last week of Spring Training."
2010 Spring Training - Major League Baseball
News & Features
- Indians close to deal with reliever Axford
- Dodgers clean up at inaugural Social Media Awards
- Cards nearing deal with second baseman Ellis
- Levine: Yanks have 'no intention' of trading Gardner
- Hot Stove roundup: Ellis, Axford find new homes
Sights & Sounds
Spring Training Info
Anthony Castrovince is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his columns and his blog, CastroTurf, and follow him on Twitter at @Castrovince. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.