Carlos Beltran will give strong consideration to coming back to play for the Giants in 2012, his agent said in a published report.
Scott Boras, who represents the veteran slugger, told The Associated Press on Monday that he will meet Beltran for lunch in Los Angeles on Tuesday to find out the specifics of what Beltran might be looking for in terms of contract specifics.
Beltran, 34, went to the Giants from the Mets in a trade on July 28. The outfielder has told reporters that he won't make any decisions about his future until his season is over.
"Well, you have to remember when Carlos and I sat down to determine what teams he was going to go to, it was his choice," Boras told the AP in Oakland while at the "Moneyball" premiere.
"He came to the Giants for a reason. Obviously, he has played very well here. He has gotten a chance to get to know the city and the organization."
Last week, Beltran told the San Jose Mercury News that he would like to see the Giants make moves to improve their offense, specifically adding a dynamic leadoff hitter.
Boras expressed high confidence in his client.
"He's still only 34," he told the AP, "so he has a chance to have one more big contract. I think a lot of it has to do with Carlos and where he wants to play. That's just something we'll have to talk about. Of course, you have to determine what teams have interest in him, too."
Beltran has hit .333 as a Giant, with five home runs, 16 RBIs, four triples and eight doubles in 35 games. He is once again playing after spending time on the disabled list because of a right hand and wrist strain.