Indians Press Release
Cleveland Indians launch fan-focused transportation and concessions initiatives
Indians introduce affordable, safe and reliable transportation options
Fans encouraged to participate in free transportation weekend, July 20-22
Indians to offer enhanced food & beverage value with $8 Classic Combo Deals
CLEVELAND, OH – Focused on providing the best ballpark experience for all fans, the Cleveland Indians will enhance convenience and accessibility for fans traveling to and from Progressive Field as well as concessions value for the remainder of the 2012 season.
“One of our commitments is to make the fans the focus of our actions,” said Indians President MARK SHAPIRO. “Transportation and food have been recurring themes in our conversations with fans. In response to these conversations, our main goal is to provide convenience and value, so that these concerns don’t interfere with the ability for our fans to have memorable experiences at Progressive Field.”
Fan-Focused Transportation Initiative
The Indians transportation initiative provides affordable and convenient downtown transportation to and from Progressive Field. In partnership with the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA), Ohio City Inc. and City of Cleveland, the Indians will offer a Free Transportation Weekend for all fans July 20, 21 & 22 to coincide with the highly-anticipated annual Rock N’ Blast fireworks shows. The Free Transportation Weekend will include:
- Free parking in the Gateway East Garage adjacent to Progressive Field with an advance ticket purchase using the password “parking” (while supplies last)
- Free RTA Rail Service (Blue, Green, and Red lines) and the RTA HealthLine when showing a valid Indians game ticket when boarding the rail system
- Free shuttle service to and from Ohio City (corner of W. 25 and Market Ave. near Great Lakes Brewing Company and Bar Cento)
Following the Free Transportation Weekend, the Indians will offer the following for the remainder of the 2012 season:
- RTA will introduce a special Family Fare of $10 round trip for home weekend games with advance Indians ticket purchase at Team Shops and Indians.com. RTA Family Fare allows two adults and up to four children (16 and under) to ride.
- Indians Ohio City Shuttle available for $1 round trip every Indians home weekend for the remainder of the 2012 regular season. Great Lakes Brewing Company’s “Fatty Wagon” shuttle is available every game for $1.
- Ensure the ability for fans to purchase parking in the Gateway East Garage in advance with ticket purchase.
“In all our market research, one of the significant barriers to entry into Downtown Cleveland and Progressive Field has been access to transportation,” continued SHAPIRO. “There are many safe, reliable and cost-effective means to get to our ballpark.”
The Indians are also enhancing their digital presence in an effort to inform and educate fans about the entire Progressive Field experience by introducing www.indians.com/planyourtrip. This new hub page features maps illustrating Gateway District parking options, and incorporates public transit, alternative transport, restaurant and hotel information provided by RTA, Downtown Cleveland Alliance (DCA), Positively Cleveland (CLE+) and The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT).
Fan-Focused Concessions Initiative
In partnership with Delaware North Companies, the Indians also introduce two food & beverage Classic Combo Deals featuring the ballpark’s best-selling individual food items.
- Tribe fans of all ages can enjoy the Hot Dog Classic Combo Deal, which includes one Sugardale all-beef hot dog, one large popcorn and one 16 oz. Pepsi product all for only $8.
- Adults can enjoy the Brat Classic Combo Deal, which includes one brat and one 12 oz. beer also for only $8.
Classic Combo Deals provide fans and families more value and will remain on the menus of all “Ballpark Classic” stands located in sections 101, 107, 138, 158, 182, 311, 533, 556 for the 2012 season.
Additional enhanced value concession options include:
- KeyBank Grand Slam 4 Pack – This popular, all-inclusive package is available for ALL GAMES in 2012 (additional tickets can be purchased for groups over four). For only $96, receive four tickets (Mezzanine level near new Kids Clubhouse or Upper Box)), four hot dogs or slices of pizza, four Pepsi products, four Indians Caps and a parking pass in the Gateway East Garage.
- Indians Kids Clubhouse – New in 2012, this free area for kids on the Mezzanine level features specially priced kid-friendly items including, $2.50 hot dogs, $3.00 fruit cup, $5.75 kids’ meals and more.
- All You Can Eat Seats – Fans have an all-you-can-eat option in select Upper Deck locations featuring hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, nachos and soft drinks for only $32.
- Your Dad’s Beer – Experience the nostalgia of your Dad’s den or basement featuring themed memorabilia and pricing- only $4.50 for a 12 oz. beer.
- Bring Your Own F&B Options – This fan-friendly initiative permits fans to bring one 20 oz. factory-sealed bottled water as well as outside food in soft sided coolers that fit within the MLB regulated 16” x 16” x 8” size restrictions. In addition, single-serving juice boxes are permitted.