Nationals Press Release
Homestand Highlights: Washington Nationals vs. New York Mets & Atlanta Braves
Great seats still available for Nationals vs. Braves as "the race to the pennant" continues
Next week's series against the Braves is particularly critical, as the two teams currently occupy the top positions in the division with the Nationals currently leading the Braves by four games heading into the weekend. Tickets are still available to see the Nationals take on their division rivals for the final time at Nationals Park during the 2012 regular season at nationals.com/tickets.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17
- Retro Cap Giveaway, Presented by Miller Lite: The first 10,000 fans ages 21 and up to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a Washington Nationals Retro Cap, courtesy of Miller Lite.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18
- NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series Presents Third Eye Blind: The third FREE concert of the NatsLive Post-Game Concert Series will feature Third Eye Blind, following the 7:05 p.m. game. The concert is free with every August 18 game ticket. Fans who want a closer view of the band will have the opportunity to purchase a field pass for just $20. Passes will be available when gates open on Friday, August 17 and Saturday, August 18 at the Sales Kiosk at Center Field Plaza, while supplies last.
"Semi-Charmed Life," "Jumper" and "Graduate" are among the San Francisco-based rock band's biggest hits following the release of their self-titled debut album in 1997, which went on to sell more than seven million copies in the U.S. alone. The band's fourth studio album, Ursa Major, was released in late 2009.
- Scout Day: Youth scout groups from across the region are invited to Nationals Park for the third Scout Day event of the season. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownies, Cub Scouts, Daisies, Eagle Scouts and other groups will receive a commemorative Nationals scouting patch. For more information, visit nationals.com/scout or call 202.675.NATS(6287).
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19
- Dream Foundation Day Presented by Waste Management: The Nationals will celebrate and raise awareness for the work of the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation and its cornerstone programs, which focus on children's education, health and recreation within the Washington, D.C. community. Donors, partners and grant recipients will be featured throughout the pregame ceremonies, in addition to several video segments that will highlight the Foundation's initiatives.
- Back-to-School Drive: Nationals fans are encouraged to donate new school supplies to benefit students in D.C. public schools throughout the Sunday afternoon game. Donations will be accepted outside of the Center Field Gate from the time gates open through the end of the second inning.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21
- Two for Tuesday: Fans will have the opportunity to purchase two hot dogs for the price of one and two sodas for the price of one during the second game of the Nationals series with the Atlanta Braves. Offer available at all Nats Dogs stands. Some restrictions apply. While supplies last.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
PLEASE NOTE: Expect Delays on Metro's Red, Orange, Blue and Yellow Lines due to Weekend Track Work
Fans planning to utilize Metro to attend Nationals games against the Mets August 18-19 are encouraged to add at least 20 minutes to their planned travel time due to scheduled station closings and weekend track maintenance. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park.