Tigers Press Release
Tigers to host Game One of the American League Division Series against Oakland Athletics on Saturday at Comerica Park
DETROIT – The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will host Game One of the American League Division Series against the Oakland Athletics on Saturday, October 6, at Comerica Park. All gates will open at 4:00 p.m. First pitch will be at 6:10 p.m.
Saturday, October 6 – Oakland Athletics (Probables: Justin Verlander vs. TBA) @ 6:10 p.m. (Gates open at 4:00 p.m.)
• All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of Chevy.
• Both teams will participate in pregame introductions on the field. Ceremonies are scheduled to begin at 5:45 p.m.
• Former Tigers pitcher and 1968 World Series Champion, Mickey Lolich, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before tomorrow night’s game.
• The national anthem will be performed by Michigan native and The Voice runner-up Tony Lucca. The Michigan Joint Honor Guard will present colors. A 60’x120’ American Flag will be presented on the outfield grass during the singing of the national anthem. A Military flyover featuring four A-10 Aircrafts from the 107th Fighter 127th Wing of the Michigan Air National Guard is scheduled to take place prior to the game.
• Game Ball Delivery: Sergeant Christopher Berry of the United States Marine Corps from Davison, Michigan will deliver the game ball. Sergeant Berry recently returned from his third deployment including two tours in Afghanistan and one tour in Iraq. In 2010, his unit was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for their actions in Hellmand Province, Afghanistan. He is currently serving at the Recruiting Station Detroit. Sergeant Berry has proudly served the Marine Corps for eight years.
• AL Central Champions Gear: Tigers fans still have the opportunity to purchase the same official apparel worn by the team during the postgame clubhouse celebration. Postseason gear is available at The D Shop, which is located at Comerica Park on the corner of Witherell Street and Montcalm Street.