Mets Press Release
Mets launch online Banner Day contest as companion program to May 11 Banner Day Parade at Citi Field
Winner will secure a spot to join Banner Day finalists at Citi Field; Banner Day tickets start at $12 and are available at Mets.com and (718) 507-TIXX
The New York Mets today announced the launch of an online Banner Day contest where fans can submit their designs at Mets.com/bannerday for the chance to join the finalists at Banner Day at Citi Field on Saturday, May 11.
Fans can enter their banner designs online through April 29. The Mets will select four designs for a fan vote. The winner of the fan vote will receive tickets to and automatically be one of the four finalists on Banner Day.
Online banners must have a Mets theme and fit within the banner specifications on Mets.com. Banners cannot have vulgar or abusive language nor contain commercial messages, non-Mets websites or Twitter handles. The Mets reserve the right not to display banners in the gallery.
Banner Day was a Mets tradition from 1963 to 1996 with fans of all ages parading on the field showing their homemade banners made from bed sheets that professed their love for the team. Banner Day returned last year as part of the Mets' 50th Anniversary season.
Tickets for Banner Day are on sale now at Mets.com and at (718) 507-TIXX.
Fans planning on participating in the pre-game, on-field parade on May 11, should follow these guidelines:
- Banner Day participants must have tickets to the game
- Participants must check in at the Bullpen Plaza on 126th Street at 37th Avenue
- Registration begins at 10:00 a.m. Space is limited.
- Banners must be bigger than 22" by 28"
- Banners cannot have vulgar or abusive language
- Banners can be commercially produced, but can't have commercial messages (Web sites or Twitter handles are not allowed)
- There is a maximum of four people per banner
- The Mets reserve the right to deny access to the field to any banner or person that is deemed inappropriate
The Mets will announce judges and prizes for Banner Day in the weeks ahead.