11/16/2009 12:34 PM ET
Twins unveil new uniforms and official team marks for Inaugural Season at Target Field
Merchandise Available Exclusively at Twins Pro Shops and twinsbaseball.com
MINNEAPOLIS - ST. PAUL, Minn. - The 2009 American League Central Division Champion Minnesota Twins today unveiled new official team marks, logos and team uniforms to be worn during the team's inaugural season at Target Field, America's newest and most intimate ballpark.
"Twins fans have many exciting things to look forward to as we enter into a new era of outdoor baseball in Minnesota," said Twins President Dave St. Peter. "New uniforms and logos are just the beginning of all of the new and exciting things we have in store for 2010 as the Twins begin a new chapter in Minnesota baseball history and celebrate our 50th season."
Plans for the new uniforms and logos unveiled today include:
- Inaugural Season Logo - Will be featured on the official commemorative baseballs and bases to be used during all Twins home games as well as on the team's home uniforms and caps throughout the 2010 season.
- Primary Logo - The team will have a new logo incorporating the new "Twins" script and the words "Minnesota Twins Baseball Club".
- 50th Season Logo - Will be displayed on 2010 road jerseys and on the home throwback jersey.
- Primary Home Uniform - The "Twins" script has been slightly altered and updated for 2010 and beyond.
- Secondary Throwback Uniform - Twins players will wear a circa 1961 throwback uniform on Opening Day as well as every home Saturday during the 2010 season. The uniforms are modeled after the wool version worn during the team's first season in Minnesota.
- Primary Road Uniform - Twins players will wear new solid grey road uniforms (no pinstripes) in 2010 featuring a "Minnesota" script inspired by the team's original "Minnesota" script found on the players jackets from 1961-1986.
Fans who want to be among the first to sport the new Twins jerseys and purchase other merchandise featuring the new logos should visit one of the three Minnesota Twins Pro Shop stores, which are the exclusive retail outlets for the new merchandise through Sunday, Nov. 22 or visit twinsbaseball.com.
The three Twins Pro Shops are located in Apple Valley at Southport Centre, Roseville at Rosedale Marketplace and Minnetonka at Ridge Square. They are open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays.
Deposits are now being taken for 2010 season tickets. For more information on Twins season, group and individual tickets, please visit www.twinsbaseball.com or call (612) 33-TWINS / (800) 33-TWINS.