08/03/2011 9:23 AM ET
Minnesota Twins Announce Plans for 1991 Reunion Weekend
Twins and fans plan to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1991 World Series Championship Aug. 5-7
Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. - The Minnesota Twins and Mauer Chevrolet today announced plans to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the 1991 World Series Championship during the Aug. 5 - 7 series against the Chicago White Sox.
In conjunction with the weekend, the Twins are holding an online contest encouraging fans to tell their stories of where they were during Game 7 of the 1991 World Series. The winner will receive a set of limited edition 1991 World Series bobbleheads, which are now sold out and unavailable to the general public. To enter, fans can visit www.twinsbaseball.com/1991 for complete details.
A number of Twins 1991 World Series alumni are scheduled to appear over the course of the weekend including players Rick Aguilera, Randy Bush, Chili Davis, Scott Erickson, Greg Gagne, Dan Gladden, Mark Guthrie, Brian Harper, Kent Hrbek, Gene Larkin, Terry Leach, Scott Leius, Jack Morris, Al Newman, Junior Ortiz, Mike Pagliarulo, Paul Sorrento, Kevin Tapani and David West; president Jerry Bell; manager Tom Kelly; coaches Dick Such, Ron Gardenhire, Rick Stelmaszek and Wayne Terwilliger; general manager Andy MacPhail and assistant general manager Bob Gebhard.
*Players are subject to change.
Special pregame events are planned prior to each of that weekend's games.
Friday, August 5 vs. Chicago White Sox - 7:10 p.m. - Presented by Mauer Chevrolet
- GIVEAWAY - The first 10,000 fans will receive a Kent Hrbek/Ron Gant bobblehead, purported to be the coolest bobblehead of all-time.
- Pregame Photo Sessions - Featuring Twins alumni on the Target Field Promenade from 5:30 - 6 p.m. Scheduled to attend are Rick Aguilera, Mike Pagliarulo, Randy Bush, Mark Guthrie, Terry Leach, Paul Sorrento, David West, Kent Hrbek, Tom Kelly, Scott Leius and Kevin Tapani (subject to change).
- Ceremonial First Pitch - TBD
- National Anthem - Performed by quartet After Midnight
- Pregame Ceremony - Featuring the greatest moments from the 1991 season
- 7th Inning Stretch - Performed by members of the 1991 World Series Championship team
Saturday, August 6 vs. Chicago White Sox - 6:10 p.m. - Presented by Mauer Chevrolet
GIVEAWAY - The first 10,000 fans 18 and older will receive a DVD of Game 6 of the 1991 World Series.
Pregame Photo Sessions - Featuring Twins alumni on the Target Field Promenade from 4:30 - 5 p.m. Scheduled to attend are Terry Crowley, Chili Davis, Greg Gagne, Andy MacPhail, Wayne Terwilliger, Scott Erickson, Junior Ortiz, Brian Harper, Dick Such, Dan Gladden, Gene Larkin, Jack Morris and Al Newman (subject to change).
Ceremonial First Pitch - Thrown by Jack Morris
National Anthem - Performed by Stealing Angels
Pregame Ceremony - An introduction of the 1991 World Series Championship Team with speeches by Tom Kelly and Dan Gladden
7th Inning Stretch - Performed by members of the 1991 World Series Championship Team
Sunday, August 7 vs. Chicago White Sox - 1:10 p.m. - Presented by Mauer Chevrolet
- GIVEAWAY - The first 15,000 fans will receive a 1991 World Series Champion button
- Ceremonial First Pitch - Thrown by Puckett Scholars
- National Anthem - Performed by The Steeles
- Pregame Ceremony - A special tribute remembering the life of Twins legend, Hall-of-Famer and hero of the 1991 World Series, Kirby Puckett.
- 7th Inning Stretch - Performed by members of the 1991 World Series Championship Team