4/18/2013 11:18 A.M. ET
MLB Fan Cave wins Cynopsis Sports Media Award for Best Marketing Initiative
By / MLB.com
The MLB Fan Cave was honored this week with the award for Best Marketing Initiative at the 2013 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards. The 2nd annual awards ceremony by the influential trade publication, which honors the best in sports television, social media and marketing, recognized the MLB Fan Cave for its growth into a powerful marketing and social media platform for Major League Baseball.
Now in its third season, the MLB Fan Cave has experienced tremendous growth in social media activity, fan engagement and video content, as well as a highly successful concert series featuring top musical acts. With nearly 1.3 million combined followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, the MLB Fan Cave has built a large community of baseball fans, an audience whose average age is 20 years younger than the average baseball fan.
This distinction joins a growing list of honors for the MLB Fan Cave, which has also recently won the following awards:
- 2013 Ragan's PR Daily Digital PR and Social Media Awards -- Grand Prize for Best Digital PR & Social Media Campaign of 2012
- 2012 SBJ Sports Business Awards -- Best in Experiential Marketing
- 2012 Cannes Lions Festival - Bronze Lion, Branded Entertainment & Content
- 2012 Shorty Awards -- Best Use of Social Media in Sports
- 2012 Cynopsis Awards -- Best Use of Social Media in Sports
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.