4/3/2014 1:17 P.M. ET
Postseason performers, offseason newsmakers and young stars top l
By / MLB.com
World Series MVP David Ortiz tops the current list of most popular MLB player jerseys, which features many of the top performers during the 2013 Postseason, offseason newsmakers as well as some of the brightest young stars in the game. Joining Ortiz are Red Sox teammates Dustin Pedroia and Koji Uehara, and other Postseason standouts including Yadier Molina and Adam Wainwright of the Cardinals, Clayton Kershaw and Yasiel Puig of the Dodgers, Andrew McCutchen of the Pirates and Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers.
The list, released jointly today by Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association, is based on sales of Majestic jerseys from MLB.com/Shop, the official online shop of Major League Baseball, since the 2013 World Series concluded.
In addition, several players who made headlines during the offseason, including Derek Jeter, Robinson Cano, Prince Fielder and Jacoby Ellsbury, rank high on the list. In fact, Jeter's jersey has been the top seller since he announced on February 12 that this would be his final season. Young stars are also well represented on the list, as 12 of the top 20 are age 30 or younger and five - Manny Machado, Puig, Bryce Harper, Mike Trout and Matt Harvey - are age 25 or younger.
Players representing 13 different Clubs make up the top 20 (including eight different Clubs in the top 10), with only the Red Sox having three current players on the list. The top 20 includes 17 who were All-Stars last year, seven infielders, four outfielders, six pitchers, two catchers and a sole DH in Ortiz.
MLB Most Popular Jerseys - 2013-14 Offseason
Based on sales on MLB.com/Shop of Majestic jerseys since the 2013 World Series concluded
- David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
- Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
- Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
- David Wright, New York Mets
- Robinson Cano, Yankees/Mariners
- Manny Machado, Baltimore Orioles
- Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
- Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Matt Harvey, New York Mets
- Prince Fielder, Tigers/Rangers
- Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals
- Koji Uehara, Boston Red Sox
- Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers
- Jacoby Ellsbury, Red Sox/Yankees
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.