7/29/2014 12:24 P.M. ET
MLB Network's August schedule features showcase games in Baltimore and Anaheim
Schedule Begins This Friday With New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox at 7:00 p.m. ET
By / MLB.com
Secaucus, N.J., July 29, 2014 - With Thursday's non-waiver trade deadline rapidly approaching, MLB Network's August schedule will feature matchups with Postseason-contending teams and division rivalries, starting with the New York Yankees traveling to Fenway Park to take on the Boston Red Sox this Friday, August 1 at 7:00 pm. ET, with Bob Costas, Jim Kaat and Tom Verducci on the call. Other highlights this August include:
- MLB Network Showcase visits Baltimore for the first time this season when the AL East-leading Orioles host the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday, August 8 at 7:00 p.m. ET, with Bob Costas, John Smoltz and Tom Verducci on the call. The Cardinals currently trail the Milwaukee Brewers by one and a half games in the NL Central.
- MLB Network analyst Jim Kaat will take the lead on play-by-play as he, John Smoltz and Sam Ryan call the August 12 MLB Network Showcase matchup between the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers and the NL Wild Card-leading Atlanta Braves at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Josh Donaldson and the AL West-leading Oakland Athletics head east to take on the Braves on Friday, August 15 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Bryce Harper and the NL East-leading Washington Nationals square off against the San Francisco Giants, who are tied for the second NL Wild Card spot, on Friday, August 22 at 7:00 p.m. ET, live from Nationals Park.
- Thursday, August 28 includes two games featuring four AL Postseason-contending teams starting with the AL Central-leading Detroit Tigers hosting the Yankees at 1:00 p.m. ET, followed by an MLB Network Showcase matchup featuring the Athletics taking on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 10:00 p.m. ET, with Bob Costas, Jim Kaat and Tom Verducci on the call live from Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The Angels currently trail the Athletics by one and a half games in the AL West.
- The schedule concludes on Saturday, August 30 with a NL battle featuring Carlos Gomez and the NL Central-leading Brewers traveling to AT&T Park to square off against the Giants at 9:00 p.m. ET.
MLB Network's Emmy Award-winning flagship program MLB Tonight airs seven days a week with live look-ins at games in progress, news and analysis. MLB Network's complete game schedule through August 30 is available here. Games will be blacked out in each team's home television territory unless otherwise announced. Viewers in areas subject to blackouts will be provided with an alternate game telecast or other programming.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.