Congratulations to Berks/Lancaster Lebanon, the 2016 Softball Carpenter Cup Champions! Berks/LL defeated Tri-Cape 9-1 to claim the title.
The 2016 Carpenter Cup powered by ENGIE was played June 20-23 at the Phillies MLB Urban Youth Academy Softball Fields at FDR Park.
The purpose of the Softball Carpenter Cup is to give the best high school players in the tri-state area the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of college scouts. The hope is that this tournament, like the baseball Carpenter Cup Classic, will be a catalyst for many players to receive scholarships or admission to some of the country's finest universities. The inaugural tournament was played in June of 2005 and Delaware South (Gold) claimed the first title.
Go behind-the-scenes at the Phillies Carpenter Cup tournaments powered by ENGIE as the best high school athletes in the tri-state area compete for the championship title.
1. There are 16 Softball Carpenter Cup franchises representing 17 leagues. They are:
2. Each franchise can carry and play up to 17 players.
3. Pitchers can pitch a maximum of four innings in a regulation game. If the game extends into extra innings, the inning cap is lifted.
1. The Softball Carpenter Cup Executive Committee will determine rules of play. Franchises will not be able to question rules or rulings made by the Committee at any time.
2. The tournament will be a double elimination tournament. This means that if, in the championship round, the team from the winners bracket loses to the team from the losers bracket, a deciding game must be played.
3. All games will be 7 innings and Federation rules will be followed. With the exception of the following:
4. The international tiebreaker is in effect if the game is tied after the seventh inning.
5. There is no mercy rule in the Carpenter Cup.
6. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and the home team is leading after four and a half innings or if the away team is leading after five innings the game will be considered a complete game.
7. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and four and a half or five innings, depending on who is leading, have not been played, the game will be considered suspended and resume at the point of suspension.
Home teams are displayed in italics.
|Monday, June 20|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 1)||Mercer County# 0, Philadelphia Catholic 7||5|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 2)||Chester County 3, Burlington County 4||6|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 3)||Lehigh Valley 4, Delaware North 3||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 4)||Jersey Shore 5, Olympic Colonial 6||6|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 5)||Phila Catholic 4, Burlington County 1||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 6)||Loser Game 1# 0, Chester County 7||6|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 7)||Lehigh Valley 7, Olympic Colonial 4||5|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 8)||Delaware North 6, Jersey Shore 7||6|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 9)||Philadelphia Catholic 7, Lehigh Valley 6||5|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 10)||Chester County 6, Jersey Shore 5||6|
|Tuesday, June 21|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 11)||Inter-Ac 6 v. Philadelphia PCCAF 4||5|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 12)||Delaware County 5 v. SOL BAL 6||6|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 13)||Mid-Penn 1 v. Berks County/LL 7||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 14)||Tri-Cape 2 v. Delaware South 1||6|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 15)||Inter-Ac 2 v. SOL/BAL 13||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 16)||Philadelphia PCCAF 5 v. Delaware County 6||6|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 17)||Berks/LL 7 v. Tri-Cape 2||5|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 18)||Mid-Penn 7 v. Delaware South 0||6|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 19)||SOL/BAL 0 v. Berks/LL 10||5|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 20)||Delaware County 13 v. Mid-Penn 12||6|
|Wednesday, June 22|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 21)||Burlington County 11 v. Olympic Colonial 5||5|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 22)||Inter-Ac 13 v. Tri-Cape 8||6|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 23)||Burlington County 6 v. Tri-Cape 8||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 24)||Chester County 8 v. Delaware County 2||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 25)||Philadelphia Catholic 2 v. Berks/LL 7||5|
|1:00 p.m. (Game 26)||Lehigh Valley 8 v. Chester County 3||6|
|3:00 p.m. (Game 27)||SOL/BAL 11 v. Tri-Cape 12||5|
|5:00 p.m. (Game 28)||Lehigh Valley 1 v. Tri-Cape 2||5|
|Thursday, June 23|
|9:00 a.m. (Game 29)||Philadelphia Catholic 1 v. Tri-Cape 5||5|
|11:00 a.m. (Game 30)||Berks/LL 9 v. Tri-Cape 1||5|
# Mercer County will forfeit Game 1 and Game 6.
Rain Dates June 27 and 28.
All games will be played at the Softball Fields in FDR Park.
For more information regarding the Softball Carpenter Cup, e-mail email@example.com or call 215-463-1000.