2009 MLB Player of the Month Sweepstakes
Presented by Sharp
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Each of the five (5) "2009 MLB Player of the Month Sweepstakes Presented by Sharp" (each a "Sweepstakes," and collectively, the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of entry (except in the case of legal residents of certain states or Washington DC where the age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, such age of majority). Employees, officers, directors and immediate family members (including spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household (whether or not related) of Sharp Electronics Corporation ("Sharp"), the MLB Entities (as defined below) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, web masters, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs, Tickets.com, Inc., SportsOnEarth, LLC and each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska and Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. AUTHORIZED ACCOUNT HOLDER: All online entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and that the decisions of Sharp, including the selection of winners, which shall be final and binding.
4. TIMING: The Sweepstakes will run from 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on May 11, 2009 and end on October 6, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. EDT ("Sweepstakes Period"). Each monthly Sweepstakes will be a separate sweepstakes and the outcome of any one Sweepstakes will not affect the outcome of any other Sweepstakes. No entry submitted during one Sweepstakes will constitute an eligible entry for any other Sweepstakes. Entrants to any Sweepstakes who do not win must re-enter in order to win a subsequent Sweepstakes as non-winning entries from one Sweepstakes will not carry-over into subsequent Sweepstakes (i.e. if an entrant enters in May that entry will only be valid for the May Sweepstakes. He/she will need to re-enter in June to be eligible for that month's sweepstakes). MLBAM's computer is the official time keeping device for this promotion. The Sweepstakes Period will be divided into five (5) separate and distinct entry periods (each, an "Entry Period") as follows:
5. HOW TO ENTER: Enter online at www.mlb.com/sharp. Online entry only. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per Entry Period. In case of multiple entries received from any person on any day during any Entry Period, only the first entry received from such person will be considered for such day on such any Entry Period. You do not need to vote for the Player of the Month in order to enter the Sweepstakes.
6. RANDOM DRAWING: Following the conclusion of each applicable Entry Period (see below), Sharp will select the potential winners (each, a "Winner" and collectively, the "Winners") of the Sweepstakes applicable to such Entry Period by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period . The decisions of Sharp are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period.
8. PRIZES: Each month, one (1) Grand Prize (for a total of five (5) Grand Prizes during the entire Sweepstakes Period) will be awarded. All of the prizes are as follows:
a. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner per month will win: one (1) 46" Class (45-63/64" Diagonal) Sharp AQUOS LCD HDTV
(Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is $1,499.99). All shipping & handling fees are included in the prize.
Total ARV of all Prizes to be given away is $7,499.95 All Prizes will be awarded. Limit one (1) grand prize per person, family or household for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Each Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, international and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein, as being provided, are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part thereof) with a prize of similar or greater value and/or quality in Sponsor's exclusive discretion The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Sharp and the MLB Entities will not be responsible for acts of God, act of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppages, civil unrest, war, security alerts, power failures, or any natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation, postponement, delay or rescheduling of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition.9. NOTIFICATION: The potential Winners will be notified by e-mail or express mail by Sharp (the "Prize Notification"). In the event a potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to the Prize Notification within two (2) business days of the date of issuance, a disqualification will result, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner shall be chosen at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Each potential Winner will receive along with the notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability, which must be executed, notarized and returned within the specified amount of time. A disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries if the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability is not executed, notarized and properly returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return (as non-deliverable or otherwise) of the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability or potential Winner's noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification and cause an alternate winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries.
10. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to waive any and all claims against, and release and hold harmless Sharp, the MLB Entities and each of their respective owners, directors, partners, officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation for personal injury and property damage, that may be incurred, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of any Prize, any portion of any Prize, or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize.
11. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Each of the Winners grants to Sharp, MLBAM, and each of their respective designees the right to publicize his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, image, appearance, picture, portrait and/or other likeness and/or biographical information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law. Each of the Winners must provide his/her Social Security number for tax purposes before receiving the Prizes. Except where prohibited by law, each winner shall be required to sign and return a Publicity Release along with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability within the time period specified above in paragraph 9 of these Official Rules or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Non-compliance may result in disqualification and award of the Prize(s) to an alternate winner at Sharp's sole discretion.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/DISQUALIFYING ENTRIES: The Released Parties are not responsible for programming, display, printing or typographical errors in any online or other Sweepstakes-related materials; stolen, late or misdirected entries; lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, damaged, incomplete, postage due or illegible entries; telecommunications and Internet service provider failures and delays; or domain name registrar errors. Sweepstakes entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information, or any viruses or other malicious code transmitted to computers of participants via the Internet, or for any technical or human errors associated with the Sweepstakes.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sharp, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND MLBAM WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sharp shall have the sole right to disqualify any contestant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. The Released Parties make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any of the Prizes. Sharp and MLBAM reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should viruses, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes compromises or corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation or administration of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sharp may elect to withdraw the promotion offer, cancel any method of entry, to void any entries submitted fraudulently and to identify winners and award the Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to at the time of such cancellation.
13. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action of any nature arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prizes awarded or to be awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the federal or state courts having appropriate jurisdiction located within the State and County of New York and each entrant expressly consents to such personal jurisdiction; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred in connection with this Sweepstakes but in no event shall attorneys' fees be awarded; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the MLB Entities and Sharp in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, any applicable federal law and the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of Winners (available after November 1, 2009), mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sharp Electronics Corporation RE: "2009 MLB Player of the Month Sweepstakes Presented by Sharp", 1 Sharp Plaza, Mailstop 23, Mahwah, New Jersey 07495. Winners' list requests must be received by December 1, 2009.
15. SPONSOR: Sharp Electronics Corporation, Sharp Plaza, Mahwah, New Jersey 07430-2135.
The MLB Entities and Sharp own and retain all rights to their respective trademarks, service marks and copyrights. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored by any MLB Entity.