Please review the Tropicana Field security policies regarding which items are permitted to be brought in with you during your next Rays game.
Heightened ballpark security initiatives continue for all games at Tropicana Field.
These initiatives include:
Heightened security policies established by the Tampa Bay Rays and Tropicana Field will remain in effect throughout the season. We would like to remind you that these enhanced security measures are for your safety. We understand that this is an added inconvenience, however due to the nature of current world events, we feel they are necessary.
The following items are prohibited from Tropicana Field
*Please note that if you have a planned party of any kind that includes gifts, we advise either wrapping the gift item at Tropicana Field after the item has been inspected or place the unboxed gift item in a gift bag. Our security staff will ask guests to open any wrapped items.
If any of the above items are discovered at our gates, our security staff members will ask that you return these items to your vehicle or be thrown away. Prohibited items will not be stored at the gates or guest services.
Stadium operations officials at Tropicana Field will follow these procedures in addition to the rules and regulations currently existing at the facility.
The Rays would like all fans to review current Tropicana Field rules and regulations which include the following:
• Stay Alert: Baseballs hit into the stands can be dangerous. Fans may keep any baseballs hit into the stands.
• Fan Interference: Major League Baseball rules require that fans not go onto the field, throw objects onto the field or interfere with balls still in play. Violation may result in ejection from Tropicana Field and prosecution.
• Smoking: There is no smoking in seating areas. There are designated smoking areas on the open-air gate ramps and in the cigar bars.
• Food/Drinks/Containers: Patrons are allowed to bring food into Tropicana Field. All food items must be wrapped, bagged, or contained within a soft-sided container that shall not exceed 16"x16"x 8". Patrons are allowed to bring in single-serving juice boxes and sealed plastic water bottles (no larger than one liter). Items not allowed are cans, thermoses, ice chests, bottles, glass containers or any other non-collapsible container or object deemed hazardous.
• Fan Behavior is important to the comfort of our other guests. Profanity, abusive language, inappropriate dress or conduct deemed disorderly, unruly or disruptive by Tropicana Field management is grounds for ejection. Solicitation of contributions and distribution of literature on stadium property are prohibited.
• Banners and signs are permitted and may be displayed in the stadium as long as they do not interfere with the playing field or other stadium signage, or inhibit other guests' views, and are in good taste as determined by Tropicana Field management. Tropicana Field management reserves the right to remove any sign displayed on the property.
• Bats, brooms and umbrellas are allowed inside the stadium. If these items interfere with another guest's enjoyment of the game, you will be asked to store them under your seat.
• Beach balls and Frisbees and other objects are not to be throw in the stadium and will be confiscated.
• Noise makers, air horns, laser pointers and any other irritating or distracting items are prohibited and will be confiscated.
• Electronic equipment: Radios and televisions are allowed in the stadium as long as they do not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game. Cameras (still and video) are permitted in the stadium provided they are for personal use only and do not result in obstruction of other fans' view. Tripods are prohibited. The taping of game footage and the transmission of any description or reproduction of game activity are prohibited.