NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The purpose of the 2013 Tampa Bay Rays Welcome Home Campaign (the "Campaign") is to have interested persons submit a written essay, as detailed below, to be considered for selection to be used as part of the Campaign.
Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Ltd. (the "Rays"), One Tropicana Drive, St. Petersburg, FL 33705, will conduct the Campaign substantially as described in these Official Rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1.Description of Campaign/Participation.
A. Dates of Campaign: The Campaign entry period will begin on April 2, 2013, at 9:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") and will extend through the 2013 season. Entries will deadline on September 29, 2013. (the "Entry Period").
Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address. In case of multiple entries received from any person or e-mail address, only the first entry received from such person or email address will be considered. Additional entries beyond the limit of one (1) will be void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the "authorized account subscriber" of the e-mail account, used to participate in the Campaign at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "authorized account subscriber" for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof to the Rays' satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by the Rays.
All entries submitted in full compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered Eligible Entries". All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Rays. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
C. Selection of Essays to be Used in the Campaign: A panel of judges determined by the Rays in their sole discretion will select a number of Essays to be considered for use in the Campaign, with the specific number of Essays so selected and actually used in the Campaign being determined by the Rays in their sole discretion, (each, Essay so selected being hereinafter referred to as a "Selection", and collectively, the "Selections") based on the Essay included in the entry form. Each Essay will be judged on personal authentic experiences with the Rays. Judges will look at several different criteria and categories to determined our featured stories. Each potential Selection will be selected on or before_December 31, 2013. The Rays will attempt to contact the author of each potential Selection via the telephone number provided on his or her entry form. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If the author of a potential Selection cannot be reached by the end of the selection process, the Rays reserve the right not to consider such potential Selection for use if the Campaign.
D. Selection Verification: The author of each potential Selection will be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver's license, passport or similar government issued identification within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Selection. In addition, the author of each potential Selection will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and Publicity, within two (2) days of date of issuance. Further, the author of each potential Selection will be required to execute and return a background check authorization form ("Background Check") within two (2) days of date of issuance, and the results of the Background Check shall be subject to the review and approval of the Rays in their sole and absolute discretion. The author of each potential Selection will be required to submit to a face-to-face interview ("Interview") with Rays' personnel, at a time and location determined by the Rays, to discuss and answers questions regarding the Essay, the author of the potential Selection, the results of the Background Check and any other matters deemed appropriate by the Rays in their sole discretion. Failure to submit any identification required by the Rays, to return the required documents within the specified time period, to submit to the Interview,or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in the Rays deciding not to use the Selection in the Campaign. The author of each Selection will be notified by the Rays if his or her Essay is to be used in the Campaign.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. In addition to the other requirements set forth in these Official Rules, all participants must be U.S. residents and at least eighteen (18) years old, as determined by the Rays. Employees of the Rays, the other MLB Entities and members of the immediate family of any employee of the MLB Entities are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
3. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By submitting an Essay, all participants and the author of each Selection grant the Rays and MLBAM exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of r the Campaign in any and all advertising media as the Rays in their sole discretion shall determine, including, without limitation, radio, television, newspaper, print, outdoor, online, social and any other media format at any time, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By submitting an Essay, participants agree that the Rays may disclose personal information obtained from participants to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
4. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Campaign requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Rays or under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Rays are free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Rays do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Rays, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted; and (4) you are hereby granting the Rays a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
5. Conduct and Decisions. By submitting an Essay, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Rays' personnel. The Rays will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Campaign and the Rays' decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Campaign is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Rays, the Rays reserves the right to terminate the Campaign, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Rays deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Rays and are final. The Rays may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion.
6. General Conditions. The Rays are not responsible if the Campaign cannot take place,or is a submitted Essay or a Selection is not used in any manner . If for any reason the Campaign is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Rays, which, in the sole determination of the Rays, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Campaign, the Rays reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Campaign. The Rays reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Campaign for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Campaign.
By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and fully release the Rays, the other MLB Entities, Facebook and each of their respective partners, officers, employees and other representatives, from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant's participation in the Campaign, if selected to participate and to fully release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Rays, the other MLB Entities or Facebook. The Rays and the other MLB Entities assume no responsibility for problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system/software related to or resulting from submission of an entry. The Rays reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find(i)) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign; (ii)) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or(iii) to have provided inaccurate information on any entry or any other documents submitted to the Rays; or (iv) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
7. Miscellaneous. The Rays may amend the rules or discontinue the Campaign at any time as announced on raysbaseball.com. The Rays disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Campaign. For a copy of these Official Rules, or where required by law, a list of person selected to participate in the Campaign, visit the business office of the Rays during normal business hours or visit raysbaseball.com. All entry data provided via the online entry form is provided to MLBAM and the Rays and not to Facebook. This Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.