• Named as Bullpen Coach on November 7, 2011.
• On November 26, 2012 took over the position of Pitching Coach.
• Peter Brian Walker.
• Earned letters in baseball and basketball at East Lyme (CT) High School... Graduated in 1987.
• Went to the University of Connecticut from 1988-1990 and helped the Huskies capture the Big East Championship in 1990.
• Selected in the 7th round by the New York Mets in 1990.
• Played eight seasons in the Major Leagues, the last four with the Toronto Blue Jays.
• 124 of his 144 games, and all 31 starts came as a Blue Jay, posting a career 20-14 record with a 4.48 ERA.
• In his best season made 20 of his 31 career starts in 2002 with Toronto, posting a 10-5 record with 4.33 ERA.
• Began his coaching career with the Blue Jays organization in 2009, working with the clubs' rehabbing pitchers.
• Was named the Pitching Coach at New Hampshire for 2011 and led a squad that won the Eastern League Championship.
• Made his debut at the Major League level in 2012 as the Blue Jays Bullpen Coach.
• Named Pitching Coach in 2013 and saw team ERA improve to 4.00 in 2014 from 4.21 in 2013, including an improvement in starters ERA from 4.81 to 3.96.
• Under Walker's guidance the club has moved from 9th in ERA in 2014, to 5th in 2015 and 1st in 2016.
• Led Toronto to a league-leading 3.78 team ERA this past season...Toronto starters in fact posted the best marks in ERA (3.64), Opp. Avg. (.236), Opp. OPS (.688), WHIP (1.22), H/9 (8.03), HR/9 (1.08), QS (100)... The 100-QS were a franchise high (previous: 93 in 1998) and the sub 4.00 starters ERA was the only one in the AL.
• Returns for a 5th season as Pitching Coach in 2017.