1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Blue Jays Final Vote contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least eighteen (18) years of age) at the time of entry and have a Twitter account. Employees, officers, and directors (including Immediate Family members and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership ("Sponsor"), the other MLB Entities and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest are not eligible to participate or win a prize. "Immediate Family" shall mean spouses, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, rules and regulations. Void (i) outside Canada and the United States, (ii) in the province of Quebec and (iii) where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest entry period (the "Entry Period") begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Thursday, July 11, 2013, and ends at 4:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 11, 2013 (the "Contest Closing Time"). Limit of one (1) entry per person, per Twitter account during the Entry Period.Multiple entries during the Entry Period will not be accepted. By way of illustration, if two (2) or more otherwise eligible persons share a Twitter account, only one (1) of them may enter the Contest. Further, anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Contest may be disqualified. You may enter the Contest in one (1) way: via Twitter. No other method of entry will be accepted.
(a) To enter the Contest, you must:
(i) Have a valid, public (i.e. not "protected") Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Twitter account. By creating a Twitter account, you agree to comply with the terms of service of Twitter, Inc. ("Twitter"). If you are not already following the Toronto Blue Jays® Major League Baseball team on Twitter, become a follower by clicking on the "Follow" tab on www.twitter.com/BlueJays, and
(ii) During the Entry Period, send a tweet containing the hashtag #RaiseTheBar (the "Contest Hashtag") OR re-tweet a tweet that contains the Contest Hashtag.
Failure to follow these instructions or submit your entry within the Entry Period may result in disqualification. The time of receipt of any valid Twitter entry shall be the time such valid entry becomes available to Sponsor on Twitter.com. Sponsor's computer shall be the official clock of the Contest.
Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won (the "Grand Prize") by the Grand Prize Winner. On the drawing date identified below, one (1) entrant will be selected as a potential winner. The Grand Prize will include:
(i) Two (2) admission tickets for the Winner and his/her guest to the Major League Baseball All-Star Game at Citi Field in Flushing, New York scheduled to be played on July 16, 2013 (the "All-Star Game");
(ii) Round-trip economy airfare for the Winner and his/her guest from the Canadian international airport closest to the Winner's home to an airport in or near New York City, New York on an air carrier selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and
(iii) One (1) hotel room (standard double occupancy) for the Winner and his/her guest for one (1) night in New York City at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the "Hotel").
The estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,500 CDN.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these Official Rules. The Grand Prizeis non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. The Grand Prize will be distributed within two (2) days after the Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Grand Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out in Section 5 below.
All Grand Prize details, including exact flight times, hotel, ground transportation times and All-Star Game seat locations will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.The Winner and his/her guest must be available to travel on July 16, 2013, and July 17, 2013, and attend the All-Star Game on July 16, 2013. Should the Winner and/or his/her guest be unable to travel on these dates or attend the All-Star Game, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries.The Winner and his/her guest are responsible for ensuring they have the necessary travel documents and Sponsor and MLB Entities are not responsible in the event the Winner and/or his/her guest are refused boarding at any time by the airline or airport security and any unused portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeit. The Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and municipal taxes (including income and withholding taxes). The Winner's guest must be of legal age of majority in each jurisdiction from and to which travel will be taking place, unless traveling with a parent or legal guardian.
The Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes, travel insurance, spending money, gratuities, meals, hotel in-room charges and any and all other expenses (including travel and transportation costs) incurred by the Winner (and/or his/her guest) in claiming, accepting and/or using the Grand Prize that are not specifically mentioned as constituting part of the Grand Prize. For clarity, the Winner is solely responsible for transportation to and from his/her residence and the Canadian international airport that is closest to that residence.
Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the Sponsor, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the GrandPrize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Grand Prize. The applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to Winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. The Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppages or any natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as part of any may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the licence granted by the game ticket(s).
4. RANDOM DRAW: At approximately noon ET on Friday, July 12, 2013, a Sponsor representative, or other person designated bySponsor shall select by random draw one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received as of the Contest Closing Time. The potential winner selected in accordance with the above will be notified via Direct Message to the potential winner's Twitter account provided at the time of entry (the "Prize Notification") and will be required to privately (through Twitter direct message, email, or other secure, private means) provide his/her name, address, age and other personal information necessary to identifythe potential winner and to confirm his/her eligibility to be declared the official Winner (the "Winner"). In order to be declared the Winner, the potential winner will be required tocorrectly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by Sponsor over the telephone at a mutually convenient time.
All information submitted online by entrants or potential winner(s) (including via Twitter):
In the event that a potential winner does not respond to the Prize Notification within one (1) day of the time of issuance, incorrectly answers the skill testing questionas determined by Sponsor or MLBAM in their sole discretion, fails to provide Sponsor or MLBAM, as applicable, all information necessary to receive the Grand Prize or declines the Grand Prize for any reason, he/she will be disqualified,the Grand Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected at random from among all remaining eligible entries for the Contest.
The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received as of the Contest Closing Time.
5. DECLARING A WINNER: To be declared a Winner and claim the Grand Prize, each potential winner must (i) be eligible according to these Official Rules, (ii) correctly answer the skill-testing question and (iii) sign a duly completed Liability and Publicity Release form and return same to Sponsor by the date specified on the form. The Liability and Publicity Release Form requires a potential winner to confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these Official Rules and to release Sponsor, the other MLB Entities, Twitter, Facebook, Inc. ("Facebook") and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, divisions, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotional agencies, any and all other companies associated with this Contest (including suppliers of the Grand Prize, materials or services related to this Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability and damages which could arise out of or in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof). If all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time, a disqualification will result, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Refusal or return of such documents as non-deliverable or the potential winner's noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Winner's guest must also sign and returna duly completed Liability and Publicity Release form and return same to Sponsor by the date specified on the form.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, (ii) abide by any and all decisions of Sponsor and (iii) waive any and all claims against the Released Parties for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Contest or from the receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of the Grand Prize (or any portion thereof). By entering the Contest, each entrant, should he/she be declared the Winner, agrees that by accepting the Grand Prize, he/she will be authorizing Sponsor, MLBAM and each of their respective designees to use, in any related publicity, the Winner's name, photograph, image, any statements he/she may make regarding the Grand Prize, city and province of residence, likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media now or hereafter devised (including the Internet), without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT: By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize (or part thereof), participation in the Contest, any breach of these Official Rules, or in any Grand Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
9. GENERALCONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Grand Prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor's representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, MLBAM and/or their respective agents. Sponsor and/or MLBAM shall have the sole right to disqualify any contestant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The failure of Sponsor or MLBAM to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All disputes will be resolved in the Province of Ontario under applicable Ontario and Federal laws.
Sponsor and MLBAM reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or otherwise modify the Contest (or any portion thereof) for any reason, including, but not limited to incidents where a virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Winner and award the Grand Prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR, MLBAM AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In cases of multiple entries received from any person or email address or household, only the first entry received from such person or email address or household will be considered. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on a Twitter account, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Twitter account used to enter the Contest provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. For entries via Twitter, the "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com.
All information provided hereunder via Twitter or in response to the Prize Notification is provided to MLBAM or Sponsor and not to Facebook. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership.
"TORONTO BLUE JAYS" and related marks and copyrights are trademarks of Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership. All other Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the applicable MLB Entities. All rights reserved.